The Magical Mystery Cycle Tour
#1 Nelson to Nelson
We have set ourselves a challenge! To come up with an annual 3 day Magical Mystery Cycle Tour that will take you to some awesome, scenic, hard to get to and at times inaccessible parts of our amazing country. Join us on our very first Magical Mystery Cycle Tour here in Nelson in our very own backyard...
We have set ourselves a challenge! To come up with an annual 3 day Magical Mystery Cycle Tour that will take you to some awesome, scenic, hard to get to and at times inaccessible parts of our amazing country. The details of the tour will be a mystery! The route, the accommodation, the meals, the entertainment…. in fact it will all remain a mystery until is unfolds beneath your wheels.
The weekend will be full of surprises and loads of Escape Adventures ‘quirk’ so bring along your sense of adventure, sense of humour and most fun party outfit. All you have to do is book, practice riding your bike a bit and show up… and trust us (a little)… Lets go!!
What do you need to know?
- Where: Nelson City
- When: 8am Saturday 23rd October
- Until: 5pm Monday 25th October
- The Ride: 86km on private land and otherwise secret quiet country roads. Gravel and paved roads and sometimes rough 4x4.
- This tour is ideal for pedal bikers who can cope with hills / or E-Bikers. Dirt/gravel road biking experience will add to the enjoyment of your tour.
- Meals: Fully Catered from lunch on Saturday to lunch on Monday. (Alcoholic drinks not included).
- Accommodation: Is a secret
- Transfers: Included
- Bikes: A hardtail mountain bike is the ideal bike. A touring bike with off road tyres or gravel bike will also do the job.
- Hire Bikes: Contact Kiwi Journeys in Nelson 0800 292 538
- Sag Wagon: There may possibly be a ’sag wagon’ lurking around on the trickier bits.
- Support: This is a “Full Monty” classic Escape Adventures cycle tour. Our awesome Escape Adventures tour leaders will provide daily briefings, ride with you, point you in the right direction, entertain you and offer first aid and mechanical support. Your luggage will mysteriously arrive at your accommodation along with warm fluffy towels and sweet sweet smelling natural soap…
- Group Size: Strictly limited to 56 bikers.
About the Meals
- Included in the tour: Two mega breakfasts, three picnic lunches, riding snacks and two evening meals.
- Lunches and evening meals will be catered by the locals with all proceeds going into the community.
- We are most definitely able to cater for vegetarians and special diets and if this includes you, it is essential to advise us of this before your tour begins, so that the caterers can be prepared with the necessary supplies.
About the Accommodation
- All accommodation for the two nights of the tour are included. There are four levels of accommodation to suit your budget and can be booked on a first come first in basis depending on availability.
- Accommodation is on a share twin basis. If you’re traveling alone, we’ll pair you to twin-share with another biker. Room options are limited.
This cycle tour includes rides of 13-48km per day. The more prepared you are the more you will enjoy your adventure! Preparing for your cycle tour should involve:
- rides of 20-30km or more
- riding on gravel and other unpaved surfaces.
- plenty of hills!
Option 1: NZD $1470pp
- 4 person dorm room with shared facilities.
Option 2: NZD $1490pp
- double or twin with shared bathroom
Option 3: NZD $1505pp - FULLY BOOKED
- double or twin rooms with ensuite
Option 4: NZD $1545pp
- flash double or twin rooms with ensuite
Contact Kiwi Journeys on 0800 292 538
Hardtail Mountain Bike Hire: From $45/day
E-Bike Hardtail Hire: From $90/day
Included in your tour:
- Pick up from 3 Nelson locations
- 2x Vehicle transfers to and from
- 2x mystery transfers
- 2 nights accommodation
- All meals as per tour itinerary.
- Lots of Escape Adventures tour leaders, past and present.
- Support vehicle & bike trailer on route
- Landowner contributions.
- On-course medic.
Tour Price does NOT include: getting to and from Nelson, optional activities, personal equipment & drinks as per the detailed itinerary.